January 3, 2011
It’s CES Week!
As some of you may know, this week is the annual Consumer Electronics Show. This show is held each year, and is where hundreds of different kinds of tech companies exhibit, and many of them announce new products as well. We’ll be recapping each night this week, bringing you all the most important news from each day. (Don’t worry, will filter out the boring stuff you don’t care about, and get all the juicy details on the stuff you actually want to know.) So keep coming by for all the big news, and none of the stuff that just doesn’t matter!
Want a little taste of what we’re likely (and unlikely) to see? Read on for ITK’s official CES 2011 preview!
You’re here for one reason, and one reason alone…Tech news coming out of CES! Well, we’ll be keeping you up to date all week, but if you’re wondering what to expect, here’s what we think we’ll see:
- The Motorola XOOM – This is supposed to be Motorola’s big jump into tablets. With a little luck, we’ll see this unveiled this week, and with a lot of luck, we’ll having pricing details and a release date.
- LG Smartphones – News on the LG front has been quiet for some time, and we expect them to make a decent push with our next expected topic…
- Lot’s of dual-core (likely Tegra 2) processors in new smartphones. This is quickly becoming a very clear new industry standard for the best-of-the-best smartphone breed. I’m sure we’ll see plenty of phones revealed this week, and I’d expect most, if not all of them to run dual-core processors.
- Some life out of RIM’s tablet, the Blackberry Playbook? I’m leaving this up in the air only because we haven’t heard grumblings of this or anything, but RIM will be at CES, and by this point there has to be some news, or a hands-on, or something!
- We’ll probably hear some gaming news out of Microsoft, mostly Kinect related. There are talks of Microsoft announcing Avatar Kinect, some type of community feature for use with your actual Xbox Live avatar, but details are unclear.
What else do you think we’ll see, and what do you want to see most of all? Hit up the comments!